Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Carbon River Glacier Bike and Hike

Biking along the Carbon River "Troad"

The lower trail in the rain forest

The Carbon River waiting to be crossed

The intact footbridge
The unbridged channel where I forded across

The unbridged channel where Keith crossed on logs and rocks. 


The snout of Carbon River Glacier!
Higher up the glacier
And higher
A little higher
Overlooking clouds, the upper glacier, and Seattle Park, time to turn around, 

Thanks to Keith for taking all the pictures and educating me about the glaciations that have come and gone on this river.  Although we had a great time on this trip, I am still sad that the Carbon River Road is closed and that it is so much more difficult to get to this glorious place in the park. 

4 comments:

Talking Walking said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
walktheworld said...

Wonderful summary of the bike and hike. It's unfortunate that the clouds moved in just as you arrived at Moraine Park: the views are stunning (as you know, having hiked there several times before). Thanks for posting, Sharon.

Frank said...

Nice summary; did you distrust the footbridge? I bet you had the place to yourselves...

Talking Walking said...

Yes, I definitely distrusted the footbridge. And yes, we had plenty of solitude. Glad you liked the summary.